Monday, February 28, 2011
The man of the house is home sick (influenza or a really nasty cold) and it snowed again. So for the second time this week I spent LOTS of time shoveling snow out of our long wide driveway, off the deck, and from the sidewalks. BOOOOOO! I'm ready for spring - just like everyone else.
When I wasn't shoveling, I did work on some binding and finished up my Easter mug rug. But I can't show off the mug rug until after I've mailed it to my partner this week. I just need to find the perfect mug to go with it.
And last, but not least, keep my friend Sylvia in your prayers for tomorrow. She is having shoulder surgery tomorrow. She won't be doing too much with that right arm for the next few weeks so this will cut into her quilting. But she is confident that she'll still be able to knit while recuperating.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Here it is - my first Schnibbles quilt is all finished. I used a charm pack of Fresh Flowers plus a little yardage of the blue and the orange for the borders. The bright yellow background was leftover from something else. It's handquilted in diagonals.
This was such a fun pattern to work on that I've set aside a new charm pack for another. New isn't really the correct term - the charm pack has been "aging" in my sewing room - just waiting for the perfect idea.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
And for some reason tonight, blogger will not allow me to add any photos. I'll add them later if I can solve the problem!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Here is my first weekend project - binding this quilt. This is the friendship block exchange project that will be donated to the local school district's scholarship fund drive. The fund drive will use it as one its larger prizes for donations over a certain dollar amount.
More on this project later on.
Here is how I just spent my lunch hour - photographing the snow in our yard with my husband. He has coworkers in their Houston office who have shared photos today of the ice and snow they are "enjoying". He just felt the need to show them our beautiful winter day in return.
And actually it IS a beautiful winter day - sunshine, upper 20's, no wind. But that will change tomorrow when we are expecting sleet in the morning and 2-4 more inches of snow in the afternoon. Wednesday was 30 below zero wind chills. South Dakota - Land of Infinite Variety!
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Just a quick little peek . . .
No machine quilting done yet on this little round table topper. The pattern suggests stitch in the ditch between the spokes and a decorative quilting stitch around the center piece. Then a little stipple quilting, but I'm not sure that is what I want to do, so I'm "living with it" for a few more days. It's hanging on my design wall so that I have to keep looking at it. I certainly do NOT want this to turn into a UFO!
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
And it's the outside border that will bring together all of the colors in the braids from the rusts to greens to blues. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
- Saturday Sampler top - finished & ready to quilt
- small felted wool candle mat - finished
- binding on my red/yellow Day & Night quilt - finished
- Halloween flying geese table runner - finished, quilted & bound
- binding on Christmas friendship block exchange - handwork in progress
- handquilting on wedding signature quilt - in progress
- Scnibbles X-rated small quilt/table topper - top finished & ready to quilt
- round spring table topper - ready to machine quilt & I'm going to try it myself
- next UFO is French Braid quilt - ready for sashing strips & borders - maybe today?
- binding our new friendship block exchange donation quilt when it is ready
- binding my Frolic quilt with the fuzzy backing (possible wedding gift for a niece)
- binding my pink/black Hearts & Stars crib quilt
- start a baby quilt for my grandson (he's due in June)
- machine quilt the round spring table topper
- finish handquilting the wedding signature quilt (a slow process)