Sunday, March 27, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
This year's sampler series is much easier than last year. I chose the traditional colorway rather than the batik or the bright - which is more my comfort zone. I decided I needed to step away from my comfort zone and so far I'm pleased with the soft spa colors being used. The tans, browns, and aqua are very soothing.
I also am doing a second set in black and white with 1 bright accent color. These are turning out very fun so far. My plan is to have a different bright color used in each block.
Monday, March 14, 2011
I had a long quiet weekend to quilt since my husband was gone to golf school. Unfortunately I have a nasty cold that kind of laid me low. So I didn't get any big projects finished like I had originally planned. But I worked on a couple of little things.
But I did make the April mini-quilt from the Count On It book (Art to Heart). There is one for each month and they are so cute. The Pin Cushion had these all "kitted up" and ready to make. They are about 12" square and hang in the little metal standing frames.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
I think I need a new camera, because every picture I take lately is dull colored and slightly out of focus. Or maybe it's my eyes. . .
Anyway - here is the Hearts & Stars quilt that I was binding last week. It is a Buggy Barn pattern and one of my favorites. I think I've made at least 4 of them now.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
I made my block this morning and also plan to share this idea with some quilting friends this afternoon when we get together.
Download the tutorial and instructions here, then send your finished block (untrimmed, the folks at Moda will take care of the trimming) to Moda at:
United Notions/Moda Fabrics
Attn: Just One Star Project
Dallas, TX 75234
Friday, March 4, 2011
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
- French Braid quilt - finished the top
- binding our new friendship block exchange donation quilt - DONE
- binding my Frolic quilt with the fuzzy backing (possible wedding gift for a niece) - moved to March goals
- binding my pink/black Hearts & Stars crib quilt - 2 sides left to hand stitch
- start a baby quilt for my grandson - cut out 1/4 of the blocks
- machine quilt the round spring table topper - DONE
- finish handquilting the wedding signature quilt (a slow process) - to be continued
I also did a few things NOT on my list:
- Saturday Sampler block #1 and 2 bonus blocks (1 for me to keep)
- 10 pinwheel blocks for a new donation quilt project with friends
- Easter mug rug for Aunt Pitty Pat's swap
March goals - I'm not going to be very optimistic for my sewing based on my work schedule for the month of March. But here goes:
- bind my Frolic quilt
- finish binding Hearts & Stars quilt
- finish hand quilting on wedding quilt
- finish the top of the baby quilt
- find backing fabric for pink/brown sampler & French braid