I only set 2 goals for the month of September (both UFOs) and I have done very well indeed.
#1 = get to the flimsy stage with my Dr Seuss baby quilt (an old UFO) - It is DONE! I not only got the top put together, but I quilted it myself, and it is bound and ready to gift to a new mom in October.
#2 = bind a UFO (I have at least 4 ready to bind) - I'm 3/4 of the way finished with the black/white/bright version of Color Me Happy. I should finish that last side tonight.
In addition to those UFO goals I have actually gotten quite a few other things done.
- I completed the final row on the Heartland Guild Row Robin project. We got our own quilts back at the September meeting, so now I need to figure out how I want to finish it.
- I finished the top for the Summer Mystery Quilt. But now I'm working on adding a pieced border to it, which was an option in the design. I liked the small version, but decided I liked that larger version.
- I took a set of cream/white blocks made for a VERY old Saturday Sampler and set them together to make a background for a wall hanging. Then I appliqued flowers and vines on it.
- And I worked on the blocks for another UFO that is VERY, VERY old (flying geese pinwheels)
So that brings me to setting some lofty goals for October. I really want to keep my focus on working on those UFOs along with starting a couple of new projects. Some of these goals won't take very long to do, and others are a bit more ambitious.
In October, I pledge to:
- Begin the new Fall Mystery Quilt at The Pin Cushion
- Thanksgiving 60 degree table runner
- finish the border on the Summer Mystery Quilt
- 3 more flying geese pinwheel blocks (I have 6 now)
- applique a dragon fly onto the cream/white wall hanging and decide how to quilt it
- bind pink/brown Saturday Sampler UFO