Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

DIY Round Robin reveal


My version of our guild challenge - DIY Round Robin.  Mine began with 6 little hand appliqued hexie blocks that had been hanging on my design wall for about 2 years.  And I ended with larger hexies in the border.  This is a wall hanging size flimsy.

It was inspired by the online Stay At Home Round Robin, and not all members chose to participate.  Not all participants were able to make it to the August meeting either, so I'm hoping to see a couple more in September. 


It's hard to see all the fun designs these ladies came up with, but you can zoom into the picture.  A couple of the gals who participated couldn't make the meeting as they were working at the county 4-H event that morning.  But there were 10 there on Saturday, including mine.  Not bad considering we have fewer than 40 members total.  

11 comments:

  1. How very cute! Thanks for showing the picture of all the tops. It was interesting to see what everyone did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Round Robin is one of the prettiest I've seen. Good fabric choice in the brown. Lovely.
    Sharon M

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an excellent job on this challenge. It looks so cohesive that one can't tell it wasn't planned that way from the beginning. I appreciate you sharing the photos with the other ladies and their projects. They did a great job too. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that fun?! I loved the prompts you were given - especially the one to add "something pointy." Yours turned out great, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a guild challenge, and a lot easier to coordinate than having to pass the projects along from person to person. I like your version. (But the one on the left doesn't seem to have followed all the prompts!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking forward to seeing your finish, it did not disappoint! Very clever additions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun!! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen anything like this before. I love the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to see all the quilts! I like yours the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on this top--very pretty combo of color/pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always fun to see all the different ideas for the same challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Your comment has been saved and will appear after being approved by the moderator.