Pages

▼

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Catch up time

Yesterday was a chilly rainy day, which is fine because we need that rain desperately.  It was a good day therefore to catch up on a bunch of things.  I had PT, stopped for a few groceries, and spent most of the afternoon working through a mountain of laundry and an overflowing email inbox.

Remember about a month ago I dug out a bin full of squares of flannel in baby prints, already sewn to denim backing.  I had planned to make a rag quilt many moons ago, but knew that just wasn't going to happen now days.  So I offered the whole stack, and happily was able to mail the box to gal who was interested.

Well, over the weekend, she sent me a photo of quilt #1 she has made. She said she was adding some of her own and working on a second one.  This just warms my heart to see that fabric used, rather than laying in my closet.

I did do a little bit of sewing on Monday afternoon, but have nothing to show for it quite yet.  Maybe today I'll get more accomplished.

6 comments:

  1. we do need the rain and a cooling off here - it is still hot here all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has made it already?! How wonderful! It looks so cute and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My list of blogs on my sideboard of blog hasn't updated, so I have been missing your posts. This gal worked fast to get one of these rag quilts done already, impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to see how the 'donation' fabric turned into a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the quilt looks great...good that your flannel was put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saying goodbye to something you won't finish is hard, but it has to feel good to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Your comment has been saved and will appear after being approved by the moderator.