Pages

▼

Friday, February 4, 2022

Sashing those Summer Soiree blocks

 By cutting and organizing all of the parts and pieces of this sashing, it has made it easy to sew them when I have the time.  This week it was 1 block per day.  It only takes about 15 minutes to assemble the sashing onto the block.  


There is one partial seam when putting this together - and that is with the long grey strip on the far right side of each block.  The center of this quilt will be 56 x 72, before any borders are added.  Once all 12 blocks are sashed, then a narrow white border will get added all around to stop the eye.  I do think a wider outer border would look good.  I have lots of the batiks and florals left, so maybe a piano key would look good on the outside.  But I'm a long way from that stage.    

2 comments:

  1. That is going to be an awesome layout when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun setting idea. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt top.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Your comment has been saved and will appear after being approved by the moderator.