Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2026

RSC26 - Week #36


My habit of cutting ahead has been paying off again this week.  One design board was filled with purple parts.  That meant that with a spare 15-20 minutes these 3 Buckeye Butterfly blocks were all done. I'm getting close to having enough of these blocks for a quilt. 


The purple Ticker Tape blocks were quick finishes too.  I'll need a few more purple ones, but this is a good beginning.


The Gameboard block and Hollow-9 were not already cut out, but the right size pieces presented themselves as I worked on other things.  

These were mostly small blocks with quick finishes. The design board still holds parts for several Tulip Swirl (4") and Scrappy Stars (9").  Some of those may be sewn this afternoon when I get home.  This morning is our guild meeting for September, and we're having a Past Presidents' Quilt trunk show and brunch.  Hopefully there will even be some ladies attending who've moved away since being our guild president.

Some cutting of purple for next week's RSC blocks has taken place - mostly with the larger blocks (12" finished) I've been making this year.  Honey Bees, Snail Trail, Scrappy Stars, and Catnip parts have begun to take over the design boards.  

Let's go check out more Rainbow fun . . .




 

14 comments:

  1. These last 2 blocks are my favorites. I, too, only had stolen moments to make a block this week. Next week is not looking any better. I miss my hours of time in that creative space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a lot with your purple scraps and it's just the first Saturday in the month. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lots of pretty purples, Sara! I really like those Buckeye Butterflies. It will be fun to see all the colors of those in a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are off to a great start with these purple blocks! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ticker Tape blocks are new to me. How did I miss those? So interesting. I’m starting to get more time in my sewing space, but not much completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutting block pieces ahead is a great idea, sometimes the cutting takes longer than we anticipated. Then you are all set to sit and sew the following day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the purple. How nice to have a lot of it already cut

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty purple blocks, Sara. Love them all. Cutting usually takes time, great idea cutting the pieces to be ready to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute purples, I really like the medium purple with the circles and dots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful purple blocks... that looks like a fantastic project... I hope you have lots of fun.
    And I look forward to it.
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Your comment has been saved and will appear after being approved by the moderator.