There are multiple reasons to be smiling today!! This afternoon we're heading to Brookings for our 50th college reunion. How did 50 years fly by so fast?
We are actually on campus quite often because we have season tickets for basketball, but we did sign up for a "golf cart" campus tour that should give us a better look at the changes that have taken place in the past 50 years. And we'll attend a few social events.
On the quilting front there are reasons to smile too. There are TWO projects that reached the flimsy stage this week. Yay!! Kisses From Heaven has been on my UFO list for several years, and I finally made it a priority. I am in LOVE!!! It looks just like the picture on the kit package, so I'm very happy with the results. Now . . . to get it quilted and bound.
And the second flimsy is the elephant Happy Block quilt. This is a 50 x 60 child's quilt, and was very fast to put together. It's a 3 yard option using 30 blocks. The centers are 6.5" squares and the frames are cut from 2.5" strips. The cute elephant print in the blocks was probably a bus trip purchase a few years ago. The teal and orange were added soon after with a different pattern in mind. But they all play nicely in this pattern.
For more finishes, please visit: https://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers! Your comment has been saved and will appear after being approved by the moderator.