Pages

▼

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Saturday Sampler

Yesterday was chilly and rainy, so a perfect day for staying in the house and sewing. I can check off one of my goals for the week.   


The September section for Saturday Sampler is all done.  In the pattern this unit appeared to use a single background, and a single fabric for those triangles.  I decided to go with totally scrappy instead.  It's kind of strange looking alone, but looks OK with the other units.

There were all those corners trimmed off - and of course they were too big to just throw away.  So all 16 of them are now 2.5" HSTs.  They will end up somewhere eventually. 

9 comments:

  1. I don’t throw away the bonus HST’s either. I just found a bag of them and will use them for placemats for meals on wheels. The Saturday sampler looks interesting…. Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 1/2” HST’s are useful and when they are already sewn and trimmed, bonus! I just love scrappy vs all the same fabric which can be a bit boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice for the background,it makes the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scrappy look. I always save my HSTs and a friend always gives me hers.There’s always so much you can do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the subtle colors of this strip of blocks! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it is even chillier today, where did our Indian summer/early fall go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty colors, Sara! I like it scrappy! I hope you're better at using bonus HSTs than I am--I have a big basket full that I am really inclined not to use...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty colors. Looking forward to seeing all the components together in a finished quilt top.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Your comment has been saved and will appear after being approved by the moderator.