Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's been awhile . . .


Can't believe 10 days have passed since my last post. Work certainly gets in the way of sewing and blogging . . . and golf, and reading, and . . .

However, I can't feel completely sorry for myself. Last Sunday my husband left at 6:30 am to play in a golf tournament and I couldn't go back to sleep - which had been my original plan. So I got up and dressed, put on the coffee, and ventured downstairs to my sewing room to find a UFO to work on. I found a fun little Christmas kit I bought 3 years ago on a little road trip to visit family in Minneapolis. I think I bought it because I liked the slightly funky colors (lime green at Christmas?) and the navy blue cats on ice skates in the tan print. And I loved the border print that came with it.

I actually finished the top last Sunday - and also managed to put in 5 hours catching up on a project for work later in the day!! This should be a lesson learned about how much I could accomplish when I get up an extra hour early.

I found the perfect backing fabric for it and have it all pinned together and ready to quilt. I plan to hand quilt this as it is only about 45 inches square.

This weekend I'm working on the hand quilting on an autumn themed wall hanging (another UFO), so now I have a reason to finish that quickly so that I can start the Christmas one! This was a Thimbleberries Club project from several years ago. I made the top at the time, but just never got around to quilting and binding it. So that top was hanging in the sewing room closet along with several other UFO's. I pulled it out at the beginning of August and started quilting, although I haven't made as much progress as I had hoped. There are pieced leaves and pumpkins in the center that I'm quilting with a pretty simple pattern. But the border is getting a large leafy design quilted in. When I finish it, I'll post a picture.





No comments: