Monday, August 30, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Pam worked on a table topper called "taco salad" with Sylvia's help. And I made a decision (with everyone's help) on which fabrics to use for the sashing and borders for my Christmas quilt.
This weekend I hope to finish the strip sets and put together more blocks for the X block quilt. Half of the blocks are this pumpkin and black combination and the othe half are dark green and black. Once I have the blocks all done, then I'll have to decide on a layout design.
And since I picked up my pink and white New Wave quilt from the quilter this afternoon, I have a binding to do. I should have some pictures in the next couple of days.
OK - Whose sewing room gets an intervention next week?
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
We decided we needed an INTERVENTION at each of our houses. I'm first. These ladies are coming to my house tonight to help me tackle one of those UFOs - maybe two. There will be wine involved as a reward for our hard work.
My plan is to finish cutting and sewing the strip sets to finish up my X Block quilt top. Then I plan to ask for some advice on the layout of another quilt top that has blocks, but no definite plan.
MMMM - progress will feel so good!
Monday, August 23, 2010
Block #7 is Queen Victoria's Crown. The center went together fast - and then the outer rows took awhile. Too many little triangles. And one of the edges refuses to straighten out with pressing. However, I know that when I sew it onto a sashing it will be OK.
Block #8 is called Arizona. This one was much easier. My only bit of panic is comes with wondering how much of each fabric will be needed to finish the final 4 blocks. One of my pink fabrics has much less left than all of the others. But this is a sampler quilt, so substitution may be OK in the end.