Tuesday, November 13, 2012
UFO finish - finally
I made my blocks that spring and summer (13 of them) - and we got together to exchange them in September 2009. The 13th block went into a charity quilt we donated locally.
In late 2010 I finally decided to set the blocks on point with a simple sashing and cornerstone layout. Then Carly quilted it for me.
In the fall of 2011 the binding was stitched on, but then I didn't get the hand sewing done on the binding before Christmas. So I set it aside. What was I thinking!! So close to a finish. I'm happy to say to I dug this out and finished up that handstitching on the binding over the weekend. The only thing left to do is to is write on the label. I guess I'll have to put 2009-2012 on it as dates to remind me it was a LONG time getting finished. But it feels good and is on my sofa to enjoy through the holidays this year - finally.