Friday, August 30, 2013

How did my August goals turn out?

I only set 3 goals for August and I'm happy to report that 2 of them were reached.

1.  finish the top for A Year to Crow About - DONE
2.  finish the top for the Summer Mystery Quilt - DONE
3.  UFO project - bind the black/white/bright Saturday Sampler - (NO - I got distracted)

I have to admit that I didn't even touch that black/white/bright quilt. But I did play with a couple of other UFO projects and a couple of new projects:
  • Finished binding the Selvage Half Square Triangle quilt (checked off my UFO list) - DONE
  • Added the final row to the Row Robin project quilt (paper pieced 12 tiny 4.5" blocks) - DONE
  • Made a 10-minute table runner from summery citrus fabric - DONE
  • Made 4 more Traveling Stars blocks (I have 26 now)
  • Cathedral Windows pillow (from an orphan block/UFO) - bought the perfect silk rope piping for it so now I just need to put it together.
  • Used 12 white/cream UFO blocks to make a background for appliqued wall hanging - applique is partially done
  • cleaned & organized another big drawer in my stash closet - found another UFO
  • cut lots of strips, charm squares, 2.5" squares, and postage stamps from scraps - but my scrap bin is still overflowing. 
  • cleaned out some of the quilt magazine stack that had accumulated

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Sara! I've gone AWOL on my August goals... it's going to be an easy recap for me tomorrow. Next summer I will have to remember that summer is time to piece - not quilt!

    ReplyDelete