Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

RSC14 - June is yellow

The June color is yellow/gold for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Yellow will really brighten up this set of blocks so I'm excited about this color. So here is yellow #1 with it's colorful dots.  It just shouts SUMMER!!!


But the downside is that I don't have much yellow in my stash. I dug around and found 4 pieces of yellow fabric and they all have dots on them.  I'm also going to use a golden yellow, tone-on-tone dot. But I may need to find a fat quarter with some other yellow print for that 3rd block so that I don't have all 3 yellow blocks with dots.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

That block just says, "fun" to me. Yellow is a color I don't use often in my quilts.

Ramona said...

Love your yellow! But dots are my favorite! It just sings in this block.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

LOVE! Such a bright happy block.