Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Quilt inspector is on the job

I've been working on my Traveling Stars blocks again this morning. For those who are new to my blog, the centers of the star blocks are 6" squares shared by guild members when they have traveled somewhere. It's a fun guild tradition.  Here are the most recent 10 blocks.


The quilt inspector walked over these and looked but didn't rearrange any so it must meet his approval. Now he's just settled in for a nap.

I have about 75 blocks finished now and at least 15 more squares left to use in my box. Since the blocks are 11.5" unfinished, I've decided not to sash them. Instead I'm adding a strip at the top or bottom of the vertical rows. I want an extra wide queen sized quilt so that it works like a bedspread on my queen bed. So right now I'm thinking 9 across by 10 long. No borders will be added and the quilt will end up BIG at 99 X 110.

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I love the idea of the Traveling Sqrs of fabric - whoever suggested this to your guild was clever, but adding star points gives the squares more definition,

Your inspector is correct: these stars are perfect.

Moneik said...

I love these squares and the blocks you've made with them. It's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Travelling Squares is such a fun idea!! Your stars are pretty. Your quilt inspector is beautiful, love those white boots :)

-Soma