Pages

Monday, March 18, 2019

Design Wall Monday


Sunday afternoon sewing began with cleaning up a neglected corner of my sewing room and then dealing with a couple of projects that had been started but then neglected.  This all started because I wanted to use that larger design board that was covered with half square triangles.  So I finally just sewed these together.  What had I been waiting for?  This 16" pieced square made of leftover 2.5" HSTs could become a pillow, or a doll quilt, and maybe even the center of a larger quilt.  We'll see what it wants to be.  


The other "stuff" laying around in a basket in that corner was a pile of fabric and zippers I had gathered to make more Sew Together bags.  I know why these were set aside - because I ran out of interfacing, which is a simple problem to solve.  And in the meantime I cut all of the parts for the "art" fabric bag, and quilted the outside section.  For the blue license plate bag, I've quilted the outside and appliqued the Row By Row license plate.  And the fun yellow print hiding under it will be used as the bindings and ends of the bag.  I also cut some of the parts for a third bag made with a "fish" print.  And I quilted the leftover art print to use for a simple flat zippered bag - for which I may need to buy a new zipper.  There are still some fabrics and zipper sets in that basket for at least 2 more bags, but those may have to wait for some other time.  


These are not on my UFO list for 2019 but probably should have been.  But they were cluttering up my sewing area, so it's time to keep moving them along toward the finish line. 

I've linked up with Design Wall Monday:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Moneik said...

It's always fun to revisit these projects isn't it? I recently bought a bolt of decor bond (my choice interfacing) and I know I'll have it used up in less than a year. I haven't been making many bags recently, but they are oh so fun to make. I have a whole "bag UFO" list I want to work on this year. I'm not making much progress though.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I should have made a UFO list but it was too scary:) You are making great progress:)

Tired Teacher said...

The HST block is striking. I need to square the ones I have and put them to use. The focus fabric in the last photo is interesting and will make a wonderful bag.

LA Paylor said...

I just love all of it. The first big block is so very cool for the focus of a bigger quilt. Imagine tiny hourglass sashing, or stripes and applique. HST are so versatile.