Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Blossom Time blocks


Designer and teacher Bonnie Hunter has a column in Quiltmaker magazine each issue called Addicted to Scraps, where she introduces a scrap-friendly block.  In a recent issue her block was this one - called Blossom Time. While my husband was watching the finale of Game of Thrones Sunday night, I was diving into the scraps to make a couple of these. 

One slight problem with the pattern?  The magazine printed it saying the block would finish at 9" instead of the real measurement of 6".  Once I got past my initial panic about the block size, then making the second block was actually fun.  


Bonnie does a live online event called Quilt Cam about once each month and Saturday's was all about this block.  I watched the video later that afternoon and was definitely inspired to go play in the scrap bins.  Check out this video and many, many more on Bonnie's blog.   

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute block! Hope that snow is missing you:)

Moneik said...

I watched quilt cam yesterday and it sure made my day. Your blocks are beautiful. I'm packing to go camping, so I'm taking quilts I know I can finish there.

Tired Teacher said...

Cute blocks! This will look great with your other flower blocks. Before long you'll have a flower garden complete with a white picket fence border.