Pages

Friday, June 12, 2020

RSC20 - Beads

After making 5 of the 7 pink bead blocks I just had to look into the charm packs I'm using and see what is left to use.  There are 2 pink charm, 2 yellow charms, and 2 red charms left in the packs.  And then there are a bunch of multi-colored charms that read very light. I'm not so sure those will have enough contrast with the white backgrounds.  


With 21 completed blocks, it was time to lay them out and see what I actually have.  On a side note, the 2 darker blue blocks were not from the charm packs, but pulled from the scraps during the "blue" RSC month.  And there is that one flowered light background bead block on the left that definitely reads a bit too light and washed out.  

Here is my thinking in order to make a kid sized quilt:  pull out the 1 floral and 2 blue blocks, and then make the 6 remaining pink, yellow, and red blocks from the charm pack.  That will give me just enough blocks to make 8 rows of 3 across.  Add white setting triangles, and maybe find a color to add a final medium sized border and the quilt would be a good size for a child.  

I can save those lighter charm squares and make another set of bead blocks with a darker solid color background.  Or I can add them to the random scrappy charm square container for some other future project.    

I've linked up with Finish (or Not) Friday:  http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I like your plan.the blocks will make a great quilt for a child.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck finishing up the remaining blocks, Sara. This quilt top is going to be SEW pretty!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like those blocks!!

Allison said...

Those blocks look great!