Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2021

One final red week

 I've had a LOT of fun this month using red.  I didn't make all of my usual RSC blocks in red, but I did use up a lot of red in other projects in May.  


My focus really ended up mostly on patriotic projects with a quilt top completed for our Quilt of Valor group, a table runner, and a good start on a second quilt for Quilts of Valor.  I did make the Country Bunny and the Home Is blocks in red.  And I made a couple of Roll On blocks in red.  One of the pillowcases made this month is even Spiderman red, and one of the Saturday Sampler blocks had a lot of red.  There was also quite a bit of red in the Rectangles quilt top.

This week alone I made 24 Boxed Squares blocks.   That brings the total up to 50 blocks out of the 90 I think I'll need for a quilt top.  These will probably be an "all summer" kind of project until I have enough for the quilt top. There are a LOT of different prints here, so I'm planning to make plenty of them with more fabrics that read closer to solid to tone down the whole thing just a little bit.


I'm linking up with the RSC group today.  And I can't wait to see what color we are doing in June.
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Marly said...

I like your boxed squares; will you use only red, white and blue fabrics?

Mari said...

Lots of progress! Those boxed squares will be a quilt in no time at this rate. Have a good-- if somewhat damp-- weekend!

Cathy said...

You have a lot of fun projects going on. I really like those boxed squares and that Home block. Lovely blocks!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful red projects!

LA Paylor said...

so much fun red. The pillow case with spidey and black and white dots is so cool....

The Joyful Quilter said...

It looks like you had a nice mix of scraps for making these RED projects for the RSC, Sara!!

Susie H said...

Those Boxed Squares are lovely. Good progress on the 90 needed blocks!

woolyjooly said...

Love the red blocks. When can I give you the red batik I bought in Saint Paul? Also the pillowcase fabric . . June 11-12-13 open?

Far Side of Fifty said...

You had a productive month!