Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Lost & Found

 Saturday afternoon I spent over an hour searching for this summer quilt that I wanted to hang in my dining room.  I love to change out the quilts hanging here periodically but had totally forgotten about this fun summer row quilt.  But once it was found and hung up I am so happy. 


This was a Row Robin quilt that was a guild project finished in 2015.  Those participating started with a 12" row of our choice plus whatever sashing we wanted to be used.  Then other members of our group added the next row above, another added the next row down . . . and so on.  The rows changed sizes too, going from 8", to 6", and finally to 4".  We included any instructions for colors or themes with our first row, and then didn't see it for 6 months while it was passed from person to person.


I love every thing about this quilt - beach balls, ice cream, fish, beach houses, 3D palm trees, and lots of extra little details like buttons.  The final detail is one that I added - the embroidered applique of the lady in the swimsuit and big hat.  She is my label.  You can see I wrote the date and other info on her hat, and carefully stitched her onto the beach with the palm trees. 


This happy summer quilt will hang here the rest of the summer, reminding me that someday I'll get to spend some vacation time again on a beach. 

No comments: