Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Small finishes - 2 Simple Whatnots

It was very satisfying to get 2 Simple Whatnots projects made in July.  Esther’s Garden Box is finished.  I even quilted it myself.  This little Kim Diehl project is only 14” square  so I managed the simple quilting.  It was a Club 9 project from last year that I had skipped.  

I used a stencil to do a design in that center appliqué section, then did some simple diagonal stitching through the pinwheels.  I decided not to add any stitching on edges of the applique pieces.  These miniatures are really only decorative, so they are unlikely to be washed, so I think it will be OK.  Each tiny piece has at least one line of quilting stitches running over it.  

Kick the Can was a new one from this year’s Club 10 collection.  The block is a perfect pattern to be used as a signature block.  So, our group has decided we’ll each make enough blocks and sign them, to trade with each other at our April (end of the club year) meeting.  The best thing about these blocks - no triangles!!  I have plenty of leftovers from previous years to make the signature blocks. 


4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice quilting on the center! :)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job on the minis! Your UFO list is getting smaller every month. I like the idea of swapping signature blocks with your friends.

Sharon Kwilter said...

They both look very pretty. I hope it works out with the applique though. It seems like it will eventually need to be washed unless you keep it buried in a drawer somewhere.

Kate said...

Very cute minis! The Kick the Can blocks are fun too, great way to use up some scraps.