Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

To Do Tuesday

 I keep starting to work on things around here (sewing and other stuff) and then getting sidetracked.  But it's only Tuesday, right?  And it's still January? 


Yesterday I did make 2 additional red Twinkle Star blocks, so now there are a total of 4 red ones.  And there are now 31 total Twinkle Star blocks for a future quilt.  

Once these were hanging up with the others, I began to cut out some red Nanci's Star blocks - and then that coffee themed potholder kit caught my attention.  So I got that cut out. And realized I could use the same pattern to make others with scraps because I had a whole lot of Insulbrite in the closet to use inside them.  The first squirrel that crossed my path . . . 


I made 3 potholders - one using that coffee fabric kit I bought, and 2 using scraps from the stash put together in the same pattern.  There was enough of the hot peppers print left from another project for one more potholder that is cut out and laying next to my sewing machine. Plus I know I have a whole lot of odds and ends of other coffee prints that could be used for more potholders.  . . . but then I got distracted before putting the binding on all 3 of these. 

Prepping the binding for last year's Saturday Sampler quilt was the next squirrel that distracted me.  It's finally ready to sew onto the quilt once I get it trimmed.  I picked this quilt up from the quilter almost 2 weeks ago so it's time to get it bound and finished.  

My TO DO list for the rest of this week is focused on progress and taking care of the partially done things piled up on the end of my ironing board:

**  binding the 3 potholders
** sew 3 red Nanci's Stars blocks
** cut out Farmers Wife Sampler blocks for this week
** trim & sew binding on Saturday Sampler quilt
** finish sewing tiny Signature blocks for Simple Whatnots
** sandwich Midnight (Simple Whatnots) for quilting

3 comments:

Ramona said...

That is such a fun design for a potholder and the middle fabric sure makes me smile.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have been distracted all day, it might be the horrid wind, or a puppy as I go from project to project not finishing anything! Those are some pretty potholders!:)

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love your red block design. Those are turning out great. And your coffee-themed potholders are very clever. Thanks for sharing that pattern.