Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Quilt of Valor work day

 I was the only attendee yesterday at the work day scheduled to sew for our Quilt of Valor group.  It's that time of year I guess, with people being very busy.  


All was not lost however since I had all of the blocks with me that we've collected over the past few months.  Using the big tables at The Pin Cushion to lay things out, I was able to arrange 3 different QOV tops and pin the blocks into rows, ready to sew.   It was perfect not having to get down on the floor to lay out blocks.  And it was fun to have quilters to chat with as they passed through the classroom where I was working. 

This is a scrappy Beads (also called Chandelier) quilt.  We have nearly enough blocks for a second version too.  We asked for the blocks to be done with any light neutral background with blue, red, and gold fabrics.  It actually looks much prettier in person.  Next I arranged and pinned rows for 2 other tops - Patriotic Stars and Bento Box.  One of our members who wasn't able to attend today stopped at my house and picked up the 6 pillowcase kits to sew.  

And since I had part of the afternoon open, I stopped at the pharmacy near our house and got my flu shot and my next Covid booster.  It was quite a productive day.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you won't feel bad today from your shots! they leave me worn out the second day and sometimes for several. You were the only one to show up for the quilting that is sad someone should have notified you and cancelled the get together

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it looks awesome!!!
And much better to lay out on a table!!! that floor just gets so far away after a while!

Vicki in MN said...

That was nice you still had quilters to chat with throughout the day. And you had the benefit of the table all to yourself!

Gretchen Weaver said...

It was nice you could use table to lay out the blocks, that was progress. I'm getting my boosters next week, thanks for the reminder. Happy stitching!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Sorry that the QOV sew day was a bust, but glad you were able to pin the blocks together. Having the large tables makes a huge difference: I don’t like working on the floor much anymore. I got a flu shot yesterday, too, but I have to wait a couple of weeks for the COVID booster.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am still feeling a bit off...mainly tired from the flu shot. I hope you did okay since you are brave to get both!! That is a very pretty quilt top! Sorry you were all alone sometimes just one other person is helpful...but having the table to work on is a plus!