Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Planning for Saturday Sampler

 The new Saturday Sampler program is a mix of pieced and appliqué blocks. I’ve been playing with various color schemes and might have a plan in mind finally.  I picked up the first month’s pattern on Monday before leaving town for work.  Now I’ll have to wait for Saturday before starting.


I really didn’t want to buy new fabric for this one, so I’ve been going through some options in my stash to use.  The pattern suggests 13 fat quarters, but I think I’m going to start with this set of 5 fat quarters, plus the layer cake with similar colors.  Then I can see what else in the stash might work along with these.  Some of the appliqué sections will need some black, and maybe other options.  The print background was purchased for a different project, and then replaced with something else. It looks OK with these colors. 

8 comments:

Kate said...

Oooh pretty! Love those bright colors.

Vicki in MN said...

Those are some fun bright colors to work with during a bleak winter!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Happy Colors!!!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

You pulled some great fabrics from your stash for this new project.

Jeanna said...

My local quilt store decided to close for the winter so...no Saturday Sampler for me :( I look forward to watching your progress.

Shepherdess55 said...

Love your choice of bright, cheerful colors. Happy Quilting!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cheerful colors!

Astrid said...

Pretty bright colors, they look so yummy!