Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

To Do Tuesday

Today I'm scheduled to work most of the day, but yesterday was a good stitching day. The top project on my To Do list this week was the easiest project to move forward a step - the Dog Quick Strippee quilt.  Months ago I had purchased a paw print fabric for the back of this one.  It just needed to be pieced because it was regular yardage rather than a wide back.


The original backing plan had been something tan or grey because I have red strips cut for binding, and the dogs have a lot of tan and grey. Then I saw this paw print and couldn't resist.


Look - even the selvage is cute!!  So, the backing is pieced and pressed, ready to hand over to someone to quilt this kid sized quilt. 


Next up was spending at least an hour working on the dreaded cruise project, before I could reward myself with working on anything else.  The paper piecing is done, and I'm down to only 3 blocks needing final assembly.  Actually I spent about 2 hours on this project yesterday. 


The top half of the quilt is sewn into rows.  Each block needs a little bit of squaring up, so I've tackled one unit at a time, with 4 blocks in each unit.  It will finish 60 x 80, unless I add a border to the outside. I feel like the end is in sight on this one. 


My "reward" project this past week has been to work on the pieced sashing for the 3rd set of Saturday Sampler 2022 blocks.  The colors look very drab in my photo due to poor lighting. The blocks are all bright batiks with a pale grey background. The sashing is a rich coral mixed with a white-on-white print and a black/white "pebbly" print.  I'm really liking how this is coming together. 

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - you got a lot done!!!
I really like the sashing for those Saturday blocks - what a cool design

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are making progress!