Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2026

RSC26 - Week #30

Yikes!!  That is a 30 I just wrote - which means we're well past the halfway point in 2026 already.  For some reason I feel some panic lately about how fast time is flying.

Today I'm at an all-day class on using the Stripology rulers. This one focuses specifically on using it to make flying geese blocks.  Should be fun!  Plus, it's supposed to be over 100 degrees outside so it's a good day to NOT be outside. My husband and both sons-in-law are playing in a golf tournament all weekend - crazy people!  Grandson Jack has a baseball tournament, so his mom is there with him - sweating I'm sure.  Granddaughter Sophia is just hanging at our house with the dog, in the air-conditioning. Smart girl.  
  

There is an RSC finish to report this week. This is the lap quilt I made with the Hollow-9 blocks I've been making for RSC. It's only 36 x 42, so a nice size lap quilt for someone in a wheel chair.  The backing and the batting are both leftovers too. And I actually quilted it myself on my domestic machine, with a simple serpentine stitch. Yay!! The quilt is ready to donate locally.  One of our guild members is gathering lap quilts for a local agency.  I'm hoping to finish quilting and binding that blue South Dakota themed one this next week so I can take them all to her at our guild meeting next Saturday.  
 

I also made a couple of placemats with the leftover aqua blocks paired with string blocks (also RSC) in one of them.  And there is 1 pink block and 1 aqua one left in the basket "for seed", along with a few more string blocks in various colors.  Hollow-9 is a great little block to use those 2.5" squares that seem to remain from every project.


It was fun to do a quick review of the aqua blocks that were made this month.  I only did 2 Scrappy Stars (upper left) with the black backgrounds instead of the usual 4. We'll see what I end up needing in the end for color balance in the quilt.  The rest of the block sets are reaching that stage where I want to start laying them out even though there are some important basic colors still needed.  Yellow?  Purple?  Coral?  So many possibilities!!

Actually I'm really excited to be moving on to a new color in the next few days.

Let's go check out more Rainbow fun on this final Saturday of July . . .

No comments: