Pages

Monday, September 7, 2026

Design Wall Monday - September 7


We're in a drought again this year, but overnight Friday/Saturday we got 4.5" of rain.  That is more than we had all this summer combined.  You know it's dry when that much rain falls in a few hours and we have no puddles anywhere.   

The fall activities for grandkids are kicking off this week, with cross country and football.  I'm not promising to get to every sport every week, but we'll go to some.  I also have a follow-up appointment with the ophthalmologist to check for proper healing.  And we're into week 10 of PT for the Achilles tendonitis, which is definitely improved.  You know I'll be sewing in between all the coming and going.


The September block patterns for the Marigold mystery (Meadow Mist) were posted last Thursday.  The parts are cut for the 2 different blocks.  There will be 4 of one block and 5 of the other, just like in August.  But these finish at 6", and the August blocks are 8".


All of the applique for the snowmen have been ironed onto the fusible.  There are 4 large snowman faces, and 4 small ones.  This week's task will be to do all the trimming so they will be ready to lay out on the background. 


Only 1 small snowman has been trimmed so far, but you can get the idea. Each one gets a black smile, a carrot nose, and a 2-color scarf.  


What happens when my design boards are full, but I wanted to begin working on 2 purple Honey Bee blocks for RSC on Sunday?  That is why I buy dollar store paper plates.  They are really great for sorting the pieces for projects.  Two blocks, two plates. 


 I'll also continue on 2 WIP projects.  There are 4 rows assembled so far on that brown plaid lap quilt.  And I decided to also work on a 3-yard quilt that had the parts cut already.  This is a baby quilt with elephants, and the pattern is Happy Blocks - a free one from maryquilts.com. Both of these projects will be good to work on when I need a break from tiny pieces (Marigold), applique, or from purple.

I'm linking up today with:

https://songbirddesigns.blog 

2 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Over the years I have seen others use paper plates that way too, good organization. Would you come to my house and cut out a whole bunch of stuff for me-I will provide the paper plates, haha! That is a lot of rain, we could use a little this week. We got a little here and there a week ago. I guess our sirens went off earlier last week, but we slept right through it. In town people lost power and trees were down. We did loose one tree and the top of another.

Kat Scribner said...

Bless you for your patience, Sara. I love the look of applique, but most of it is too much prep patience required.