Pages

Monday, September 14, 2026

Design Wall Monday -

There was no sewing at all this weekend, but I did cut one RSC block out, and did a little sorting of the blocks from the Sew Vintage group.  


The parts are all cut for the purple Catnip block, and this might be the first thing I do today because I'm very excited by these adorable blocks each month.  Right now I'm leaning toward using the Circle of Nine layout to assemble these into a quilt once I have 9 blocks made.  If I've counted correctly this is #8 as I skipped making one during the "pastel" month.


The Pizza Box challenge at Sew Vintage is really coming along.  The very first block of the challenge was this Floating Star, and we have 12 of them collected so far. So pretty! I think we can do a simple light colored sashing with RWB cornerstone plus a nice outer border.  Ella approves.  She spent the weekend with us along with the grandkids.  


Block #7 was introduced by Holly for this month.  This one is a Double Sawtooth Star, and I can't wait to make them.  Holly gave me this block already, and it's really pretty.  I'm making my personal block in 30s fabrics, along with the RWB version for our group Quilts of Valor.


The Kisses From Heaven project will probably be the only other priority project for this week.  The scarves are stitched down on the smaller snowman heads.  The scarves are ready to iron on and stitch down for the bigger heads.  The noses and smiles are fused and trimmed so they can be added next.  And there are a bunch of laser cut snowflakes to add.

I'm linking up today with:

https://songbirddesigns.blog 

1 comment:

Vicki in MN said...

All of the stars are so pretty and will make great quilts.