Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Garden Stars

Garden Stars is a BOM from Carol Doak, going on via her Facebook group. This year she began the BOM with a block that will repeat in between the monthly star blocks. That way we can work on them gradually through the year.

The September Star block was actually posted a couple of days early, and this month I didn't procrastinate.  For this one I used only half of my "colors".  I have 2 shades of each (yellow, orange, aqua, teal), but only used 1 of each in the block.  

So far I'm keeping up with the single block each month. Some folks have ALL of their alternate blocks finished already.  Not me!  I will need to make 1 or 2 more each month for awhile.  But Row #1 has a good beginning.  The dark background print in the middle alternate block is a dark version of the yellow print in the background of the monthly blocks.  Each row will have 5 blocks total. 

5 comments:

Donna said...

Those blocks are beautiful but beyond my capabilities.☺️ However I love your color choices. I stink at choosing fabrics and mixing colors so I screen shot your picture to refer back to. I have lots of teals and orange fabrics but never thought to mix them. Thanks for the inspiration. That’s why I love reading blogs!

Kate said...

Your blocks are stunning! Your fabric choices really work well with the paper piecing. It's going to be gorgeous when its all finished.

Vicki in MN said...

Maybe those other people don't have other fun projects to work on:) Love seeing your progress on these fun blocks

Delighted Hands said...

My cat just posted for me---As I was saying, each block is beautiful!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sara, those stars are just beautiful! I love the colors you're using - and both the dark and light background versions of the floral print. This has got a nice late summer/early fall feel to it!