I picked up Snowdrift (medium sized quilt) from the quilter, and have binding strips that need to be sewn and pressed. When picking it up I commented that I hoped I could find the navy blue binding I thought was already cut and waiting.
Turns out I had cut binding strips from the coral used on the border. The backing is grey, so either color would be fine. Snowdrift was a Sew Sampler Box kit from several years ago. The kit had the pattern and a set of fat quarters. I chose the background, and border from my own stash. The blocks have a snowflake shape to them, but the fabric (corals, greens, navy) certainly has no wintery connection at all. I keep wondering why the kit didn't have a snowy, wintery set of fat quarters.
I've mentioned lately that there have been squirrels invading my space. There isn't much point in totally ignoring them, but hopefully they won't totally derail my To Do list either. For a couple of months I've stayed pretty focused on finishing UFOs and WIPs, so it was only a matter of time before I allowed some distractions to pop up. I'm going with the flow, and doing a little playing with the squirrels in between more important projects. LOL
One of the ideas floating in my head lately is making more lap quilts for donation, as they would be small enough for me to actually quilt myself and use up a lot of fabric. I mentioned on Saturday's post that I was gifted some solid black fabric, and along with that was a nice brown plaid too. Thank you to blogging friend Vicki for the idea of making a Tumbler pattern with plaid. Her quilt is beautiful. I have the Tumbler ruler in several sizes, and pulled out the 5" one to use. So - this just may be the next project I do the cutting for, and there is an empty design board ready for the pieces.
That gifted black fabric is already being put to use paired up with the Potato Chip pieces filling up a small bin. There are 9 blocks made so far. I think these scrappy blocks will be a good Leader/Ender task this week while I'm working on rows for Salt Water Taffy, and in between some purple RSC blocks.
3 comments:
Let those squirrels out to play for sure, hehe! Glad I could chase them your way:0 I am excited to see where the tumblers go for you. Those potato chip blocks look great with the black, I might have to borrow that idea from you!
Love your potato chip quilt using the black fabric. I have a bunch of batik scraps that would look great with the black. It’s on my bucket list along with a million other patterns.☺️
You are close to a finish, so adding a new project isn't the worst thing. Especially if it uses up stash fabric. Your colorful potato chip blocks are really fun. Happy sewing this week.
Post a Comment