Pages

Monday, October 5, 2026

Design Wall Monday - October 5

I'm really excited for this week's goals. I have some fun things on my design wall right now, and hope to make a little progress on several things.


The Marigold Mystery blocks for October are all done, so I can set aside that project box until next month.  On the 1st of October I made the 5 Shoo Fly blocks that finish at 4".  And now I have the 5 Square-in-a-Square and 5 Uneven 9-Patch blocks that are also that size.  From the sneak peek provided by Meadow Mist I think all the blocks we've made so far will be the middle of spool blocks.  


Sunday afternoon I cut all the pieces needed for the October paper pieced block for Garden of Stars.  After I took this picture I ended up going back and sew parts 1, 2, and 3 on all 8 papers so that's a good start.  There are 120 pieces in this block.


A relatively easy goal is to sew the rows into a flimsy for the RSC Scrappy Stars.  The 6 rows are pressed in alternate directions so they are ready to run through the machine.  


Also for RSC this year I made Lori Holt's Honey Bee blocks - 2 of each color, for 8 of the months.  My plan now is to make the Busy Beehive block, from Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage 2 book to go with them.  In my stash was a fat quarter of each of these cute bee prints in a rich gold.  I'm using the Circle of Nine book to choose a layout and put the hives in the middle with the colorful bees around it.  And I plan to make 2 separate quilts.


Once a bobbin is wound with orange thread, I'll get a start blanket stitching the orange sections on this little gnome mini quilt.  Changing thread colors is one of my least favorite things to do, which may explain another reason I never enjoyed my embroidery machine.  

I'm linking up today with:

https://songbirddesigns.blog 

No comments: