Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A quick visit to my sewing room

After 3 weeks of recuperation the cat and I finally ventured down to my basement sewing room this afternoon. It was a short visit, but it did feel good to do a little bit of sewing. I'm not ready to spend much time standing over my cutting table or my ironing board. And even with a comfortable sewing chair, the amount of time I can sit there is limited. But it was so nice to be able to do a little.



The day before I got sick I purchased backing fabric for my frosty quilt. And I also purchased a charm pack of Valentine's fabrics. And then I got derailed . . .



I've now pieced the backing to my frosty quilt so I hope to get it quilted soon. And I started working with the charm pack.




The charm pack is from Moda and called "Sent With Love". It's mostly all pinks and reds with a tiny bit of green mixed into some. The pattern I'm using is called "Charlotte" and is from Me and My Sister Designs. It will make a nice little wall hanging. Hopefully I can do a few more blocks every day until I have it finished.

No comments: