Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30's fabrics



Aren't these pretty? I love the look of the 1930's reproduction fabrics, but haven't done very many things with them over the years. That may be about to change!


I've joined The Clothesline Club at the Pin Cushion for this quarter. And this the the fat quarter pack for this quarter. I absolutely love the colors. The bottom fabrics are a fruit themed larger print that really makes me think of the feed sacks my mom used to make all kinds of things in the 1950's: dish towels and even clothes for me.


Each month of the program the group will meet for refreshments, show n tell, and to get a pattern for new project. This month's project was a very clever apron using 1 square of fabric, plus the pockets and ties. I'm not sure I'll make this apron, but I can't wait to use some of these fabrics because they are so pretty and cheerful.

No comments: