Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

House blocks - with a creative twist





This is the pattern I purchased at Eagle Creek Quilt Shop in Shakopee MN. It's called Ryokan (Japanese Inn) and is designed by Joe Wood. There are 12 blocks in the set. The houses are all the same, except for the tiny miniature Amish style quilts making up the large side of each house.


I love them! Now I need to figure out what I want to use to make the houses themselves. The pattern calls for traditional fabrics - which are not found in my stash. But I think some nice batiks that are fairly neutral would look good in the house pieces too. Then I could use the hand dyed looking fabrics for the little quilts instead of the solids. This may take some playing. I might have to make a sample block each way - traditional and batik - and see which way I like better.

No comments: