Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fat Quarter Star #2 reconstructed




OK - I am really glad I took the time last night to take the original all-white corners out of this block and put in more color. The fabric line Terrain was my choice because it had such rich colors. What was I thinking to put in too much white?

BIG improvement, don't you think? And it didn't take very long. I've even put the 4 white triangles that I took out into a bag with the other small scraps from this project, just in case I can use them in another block later on.


I am really excited about this particular quiltalong. I've probably said many times that I love stars and pinwheels. And I really love sampler quilts as well. Since I decided to do a second set of blocks, I'm even more pleased with the results. The Ellie II fabric line has more primary colors in it. Terrain has a more oceanic or spa-like feel to the colors. YUM - both are gorgeous and both will make beautiful quilts.


2 comments:

Reddirt Woman said...

I love that block and, yes, you were absolutely right to add that beautiful blue. I like the combination of the subtle patters also.

Thanks for sharing.

Reddirt Woman said...

PATTERNS.... duh

Helen