Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I need some advice



I have been struggling with a plan for these blocks since winning them at Saturday Sampler last winter. I've played with several different layouts, with different sashing ideas, with solid blocks to add to the mix, etc. I think I need some advice.

I keep coming back to just putting them together without sashing so that I have a solid white background. There are 15 of these star blocks, so now I'm leaning toward an assymetrical layout with just a few solid white blocks thrown into the layout. Or maybe I need to make some white star blocks to add into the layout. What do you think?

5 comments:

Jen said...

These are really pretty! You could always piece an alternating block with some white on white fabric. A string block would look nice, all done in white scraps. Also, have you heard of the Christmas Sew Along? It's a stitchery BOW going on at Sew Happy blog. Done up in blue, with a white background, and alternating with those star blocks would make an amazing Christmas quilt. She's on week 4, so you better hurry over. So that's my vote. Pieced white blocks (instead of solid), or embroidery. Can't wait to see what you decide. :) These were a great win!

Mommarock said...

A white sashing perhaps with a red block at the intersection and then a red border?

Lori said...

Are you looking for white background to have room for some pretty quilting? Or maybe white background so that the blue blocks float?? Perhaps set them on point with some white sashing and white setting triangles. Maybe a triple sashing with the a narrow blue stripe in the middle and 9 patches as cornerstones. Depending on how many/size--you can be creative about some blank block areas. Those are beautiful blocks.

Unknown said...

very pretty blocks........I would do a dark blue sashing.....lol...we all gave you a different idea.

woolyjooly said...

Gorgeous blocks. I like the idea of a border with all three (light, med., dark blue) colors in narrow strips. And just plain white in between blocks to play up any quilting designs.