Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

I've discovered hexies



I'm happy to say that a quilting friend has inspired me to try something new. On Saturday afternoon I went to the Pin Cushion to attend the very last Clothesline Club meeting. We are always encouraged to bring things to share and Cindy (who leads the group) brought some very small hexie flowers she stitched. BTW - Cindy loves tiny pieces!!

I had brought my selvage basket blocks to show because we had talked about selvage projects during a previous meeting. It was one of those "light bulb" moments for me! I had planned to make some yo-yos to put on these baskets as flowers - but instead I decided to try these 1/2 inch hexies.

Cindy recommended that I go online to find printable hexie paper (found a ton of them), and I also bought a hexie ruler which was a god send. Saturday evening was spent watching TV and making my very first hexie. Now I need to make more for the other blocks. Thank you Cindy for the inspiration!!!!







1 comment:

Crazydazy said...

Those hexies would make a cute rabbit for Easter. That is what I thought they were when I first opened your post.Crazydazy