Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Creative and generous friends



I have really nice friends, and I recently celebrated a birthday with some of those friends. We went to the local high school show choir dinner theater, which is always a great showcase of musical talent. Two of us had March birthdays so we had a little gift exchange over our salads.

This is one of the lovely gifts I received: a wooden spool covered with fabric strips. Isn't it cute? Sylvia and her husband made several of these after seeing something similar on Pinterest. Her husband made the 3D spool, which is about a foot tall and Sylvia covered it with fabric. I was going to hang it on the wall in my sewing room, but decided I like it sitting on the wide window ledge where I can see if from my sewing machine.

I should also mention the gorgeous patriotic fabric panel and the magnetic frame I also received. I have great friends who know the things I like. Thank you, thank you!

No comments: