Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Piano keys

After some major fabric auditions and hunting through pattern books for ideas, I've returned to the idea of keeping things simple.

So . . . the borders on my Blue Stars quilt will have a deep navy blue narrow inner border and then an wider second border done with simple piano keys.  I have lots a scraps left from a blue and white frosty quilt I made a couple of years ago. I used some of those fabrics in my star in this quilt. And now I can use up more of them in these piano keys. And I've collected a few more blue snowflake prints while trying to decide how to finish this quilt. So I should have plenty to choose from.

And maybe I'll do some small stars in the corners. It does feel good to finally make a decision and start cutting and sewing.

No comments: