Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Slow progress

Slowly but surely I'm putting together the Loralei Golfers blocks to make a flimsy.  The first 2 rows are set together with narrow sashing and cornerstones, with 2 more rows to go plus the border.

This UFO has been sitting around in various stages for several years.  I bought the fabric panel when it first came out, but then it just sat in my stash.

Last summer I put the bright colored frames around them. But they were still too small (and different sizes) to make a good sized quilt, so they hung on my design wall for quite awhile - waiting for some inspiration.  Finally bought the black confetti fabric and put another frame around them all, making 14" blocks.

This week I bought the pink solid and dug the yellow out of my stash for the sash and cornerstones.  And I bought some border fabric although I'm not sure yet how wide it will be.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

You have certainly been crossing items off your UFO list! Good job.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

These are so cute. I think you have arrived at a great little quilt!

Moneik said...

I have a lot of the Loralie quilt fabric left from my mom's stash. I have already made a quilt for myself using it on the front and back. I have one she made using it on the front and back and still a lot left. I am thinking the BQ4 pattern might work well with it. It just hasn't been a priority yet.

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Make me think of spring love the colors and the ladies!!