Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week 18 Status of the Stash

Last month at guild Mary F shared an article about selecting a "Word of the Year" for quilting. I decided mine could work for every aspect of my life. I chose FOCUS because I need some.  And I made a little flag to hang in my sewing room. I'm kind of thinking that during the course of the year I may add some embellishments to this flag. And maybe next year I'll make another flag with a new word.
My stash did not grow at all this week and I did use up a little of it. I finished another small pillow and 2 flannel self-binding baby blankets, which I'll post next week.  All of the pieces for another baby quilt needed for a gift have been cut. And I even planted my flower pots and played 18 holes of golf one day after work. It was a great week!!

In this week: 0 yds
In this year: 84.25 yds
Used this week: 5 yds
Used this year: 93.75 yds

Status of the Stash: 9.5 yards ahead of my stash! Yay!

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

You HAVE been busy!

The flag is a great idea as is making one each year.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Such a great idea Sara! I love it... and you know I'm fond of that word too. I think I need a billboard!