Sunday, January 22, 2017

The ugly duckling


This UFO from 2011 most likely was set aside because I didn't like very much. The blocks are made using the X-block ruler and the design is fine. But the colors - not my cup of tea!  Makes me wonder what made me buy them in the first place.  

The black batik has a rust design with just a touch of green. The green and rust fabrics blend nicely but the combination is just blah - in my opinion.  

However, the zig-zag quilting gives it some much needed class and it's bound and DONE!  This one is lap quilt size, and will be given away most likely. And ironically, I found that the black batik binding was already made and waiting in my binding drawer, all labeled and ready to go. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice finish. The pattern looks complicated - almost like a soccer ball. Is there a local school with green and gold colors? Perhaps the booster club needs a fund-raiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on a quilt that I put away for the same reason, I just don't like it. It will be warm, cozy and useful. I don't have a conscience for wastefulness, so finish it I will. Then on to something fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job! I'm sure you're glad it's finished. The colors wouldn't have been my cup of tea either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Have your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete