Pages

Monday, May 14, 2018

Missing my mojo



After 2 weeks of focusing on anything and everything except sewing, I finally got back into the groove this morning. Random sewing took place and it was so enjoyable.  Our Sew Vintage group was challenged on Saturday to make the 6" flower block from Lori Holt’s book Spelling Bee.  We each pulled a strip of fabric from a shopping bag to use for the petals.  Mine was a peach print and I easily found things in my scrap bins to use for the rest of the block. It needs a better pressing and maybe restitching where the stem meets the petals. I see it isn’t centered on the stem.



Then I pulled out one of the May projects for the UFO Challenge, and put in the final pocket zipper. Once that was in, I could add the sides to this Sew Together bag.  The final pieces are the top zipper and straps that need to be added.  Those are ready to attach, but will have to wait for another day.
  


And last but not least, I sewed the finding onto a small wall hanging.  This is my pink pineapple wallhanging, and I’m hoping to have the hand work done on the binding before bedtime tonight.


I’ve linked up to: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com.  Check it out to see what other quilters have on their design walls this Monday.

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Pretty flower block. Every bag needs LOTS of pockets - love the French General (?) fabric, too.

Mary said...

I like making Lori Holt's patterns! Fun to use scraps and a random color.

Judy Hansen said...

Very pretty flower. I wouldn't redo where the stem meets the flower - it's fine the way it is. I didn't notice any problem. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, I appreciate you. Judy

marebear said...

Super sweet Posie!