Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Orphan blocks



We probably all have some orphan blocks lying around that are too nice to throw away, but need a purpose.  This is one of mine.  It's a 14" block that I made when I kept seeing it online. The name of the block is Swoon, I think.  I love star blocks of any kind, so it appealed to me.  But I just never made any more to go with it.

It's been hanging in the corner of my design wall for a couple of years now.  So I decided that it was time to give it a life.  A little simple quilting and this is ready to be a pillow top. Now - if I can just find the leftover fabric to make a back for the pillow. I know there should be plenty of that rusty looking print and of the teal - hiding out somewhere in my sewing room.

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Lovely block. I remember swooning over this block when it was so popular. I still love it and may make some blocks one day.