Pages

Friday, November 26, 2021

Black Friday - NOT!

Black Friday means getting up early and going out in the cold to find the very best deals. NOT!!  I don't mind shopping on Black Friday, but I have never gotten up before dawn or waited in line anywhere.  Sometime this afternoon I have 2 shopping stops to make - the grocery store and the Verizon store. I need eggs, and a new cell phone.  

Beyond that I plan to do some sewing on pillowcases for the grandkids. And I'll probably listen to radio as the Jackrabbit women playing in a basketball classic in Florida. 


Olivia's music pillowcase is done.  It matches her piano lesson bag.  


Mason's sports pillowcase is done.  He plays flag football and golf, and will start basketball next week.  As a 4th grader he still just plays "club ball".  


There are 4 more kitted up and pinned together, ready to sew.  That one with the stars is a QOV pillowcase that has been sitting on the end of my ironing board for almost a month.  The others are for grandkids.  There is a superhero case, a zebra case, and a golf one. 

And finally, I have the binding to hand stitch on the last 2 Crossed Canoes Christmas table runners that I'm making for friends.  

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

It has been years since I have been shopping the day after Thanksgiving! The last time was well before they called it Black Friday! Nice Pillowcase finishes!

Jeanna said...

I stay tucked in on Black Friday and begin my Christmas decorating. Hope you had a successful shopping trip.