Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Focused sewing time

 I'm not normally a morning person who pops out of bed early in the morning with lots of energy and ambition to start the day.  But Tuesday morning I was wide awake early, so for once got up, got dressed, took my coffee and headed to my sewing room.  I'm amazing how much I managed to accomplish before it was time to surface for some lunch.


The Quilt of Valor pillowcase that has been draped over my ironing board is now finished, pressed, and ready to use.  And all of the Jelly Belly Bar blocks collected from online friends and guild friends have been assembled into another QOV top ready to quilt.


The final 2 grandkid pillowcases are finished as well, and are ready to tuck into their Christmas stockings.  Sophia's is the Animal Party fabric that matches her zebra bag.  I love the funny sayings on this fabric.  Color Outside the Lines - referencing the zebra - is just one of several cute things.


Jonah's pillowcase has a golf theme.


Now that my ironing board was cleared off I tackled some blocks that were kitted up and waiting on paper plates to be sewn.  Tulip Time "quads" are laid out with all 4 tulips and the 1 inch sashing pieces.  There are 2 quads ready to finish assembling.  Once done I'll have 36 of these quad sections. 


And then I worked on some RSC blocks, but without any specific color focus.  The previous Roll On (or Windmill) blocks I've made have always had a light background and colored "blades".  But the most recent set I started will have just lots of color.  


Two new blocks were added to the bunch already hanging up, and 5 more were kitted up from scraps and hopefully I'll get these stitched together today.  I think this will make 23, and so I'll just continue with these during the 2022 Rainbow Scrap Challenge until I have enough for a child's quilt. 


OK - I'm totally amazed at how much I managed to get done in one morning!  Maybe I should get up early every day.  Or maybe not . . . 

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

i hear ya! up at 5 am and before sun was up had a quilt ready to baste...terrific progress!

Jeanna said...

Whoa! You were super productive. All of that in one morning? Those tulip blocks are adorable!

woolyjooly said...

Over achiever!! lol