Pages

Friday, December 3, 2021

Next projects

There are always "next" projects to work on around here.  First is a simple little table topper made from a panel section that will be a gift.  I added 2 borders, and it's sandwiched for quilting.  This one shouldn't take long at all to quilt, with either a diagonal grid or maybe narrow vertical pencil stitching.  Can you guess what the panel section looks like?  


Next up is this month's Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots project. And yes - I'm still procrastinating on finishing that Laundry Line one.  This one will only be about 20" square and didn't use very many different fabrics, so it's much easier.  I may need to make this one twice however, with the second one using Christmas fabrics.  The name of this one is Midnight, and it's all stars - my favorite type of block, so it just begs for Christmas fabrics.  


A couple of small projects involving vintage linens are in the planning stage.  I had purchased some inexpensive ones at a local antique shop a while ago, and will use at least one to make "something".  I've been surfing Pinterest this week for ideas, and find myself lost in the black hole.  Narrowing it down to just one idea might be a lot more difficult than actually making the project.  


All of these little projects are not really distracting me from the Wisdom block layout.  I have the blocks on the floor but will need to live with them for a couple of days, occasionally moving a block or two around for better color distribution. In the photo I already see blocks I need to move.  And I need to decide if I'm going to leave it square or move some blocks around to make it longer and narrower.  


Once I'm satisfied with the arrangement I'll pin them into rows.  And I need to cut my setting triangles too.  I'm using this really great cutting reference from All People Quilt to get the right measurements for the setting triangles.  This chart has instructions to use with blocks up to 20" square. 
 

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

It will be interesting to see what you do with the linens. I guess the first photo is another Gnome? Thanks for the link to the setting triangle chart, I don't do a lot of on point but it's always a pain to figure out!

Jeanna said...

I'm intrigued by the first porject...will be fun to see what it is, love the Buffalo Plaid. And it will be equally as fun to see what you decide to do with the linens.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have seen dolls that have lovely gowns made from dresser runners! It will be fun to see what you come up with!