Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Boo Buddies is taking shape

 There has been no "lunch break" sewing this week so far - as there has been no lunch breaks. I've eaten at my desk the past 2 days as we work on these project deadlines.  But I did go downstairs after work yesterday and finished the blanket stitching on the applique for Boo Buddies.  And the sashings are all on too so it's ready for embellishments.


I'm so glad that I had that Colorado store order the pattern that included the button embellishments for this project because those buttons are so cute.


The first button - the owl - is attached now.  Maybe after work today I'll get the eyeball buttons attached, and the spider that will hang from the tip of the witches hat.  Then it will be ready to sandwich for quilting and binding.  

I'm attaching these before quilting.  But that's OK because I plan to only do a bit of outline stitching on this one.  It's very stiff with all of the layers of applique, so not very conducive to quilting stitching. 


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Really cute!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The owl button is cute! I can see why you ordered the buttons with the kit.

Kate said...

It's really cute. Even better you'll have that cuteness to enjoy before Halloween.