Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2022

This n That

 One of my projects last weekend was the Library Cats pillowcase.  Since my husband found this fabric and suggested I buy it, this pillowcase is going into his Christmas stocking - just like the ones I make for the grandkids each year.  I had just a little bit left after making the pillowcase, and it had this yellow tabby, so I also made a quick little mug rug.  That may become a gift for someone else.  


I escaped my desk briefly yesterday in mid-afternoon, and stopped at the local quilt shop.  I needed some fabric petting time and retail therapy after working so hard the past couple of weeks.  Hopefully I'll be back to my normal work schedule after today.  


While in the quilt shop I picked up this UFO that they quilted for me.  Can you see the orange spiderwebs?  I absolutely LOVE the quilting.  So, this one is ready for binding.

Laying on my cutting table, just waiting for some attention . . . since last Sunday when I cut the parts for more Ohio Star blocks.  And notice the patriotic parts for some Twinkle Star blocks.  These might be a good scrappy Quilt of Valor project in the future.  I'm optimistically hoping to get some of these sewn up today after work.



4 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Oh yes I spotted the spider web quilting right away, love that. I do hope your job calms down as your sewing job is calling you;)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Soon you’ll be ready to decorate for Halloween. The Twinkle Stars will make a wonderful QOV.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes I noticed the spider web quilting and That is a great touch. Hope you get more time to sew soon:)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute projects! I need to make some pillowcases too.