Pages

Monday, July 10, 2023

Design Wall Monday - July 10

The cruise project is still on my design wall, but I'm slowly making progress.

Admittedly I've been distracted with other fun projects, but I do have 5 of the 18 final paper-pieced sections done.  Maybe this week I'll get the other 13 of them done.

Speaking of other projects, Humble Homes is back from the quilter, and ready to bind. 


The green batik is the backing but there is enough trimmed off to use for the binding too.  That will be one important task this week - binding.


One other important project this week will be making more Split Back Star blocks for Quilts of Valor.  We're working on 2 quilts using these blocks, specifically for 2 veterans nominated locally.  The wife of one nominee brought me 9 blocks on Saturday, as she wanted to make some of the blocks in her husband's quilt and her brother's quilt.  I had a stack already made, and worked on more on Sunday.  I made 4 of these blocks and cut out 4 more. 

Sunday sewing also included progress on a couple more doll quilts, and this month's Saturday Sampler block.  It was a pretty productive day for me while my husband played in a golf tournament.  

What's on YOUR design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hoped it worked out well getting blocks that another made for the quilts - sometimes they don't measure the same as what you are doing

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like those split back stars! They going to make a neat design!

Bonnie said...

The paper pieced arcs you show look really great. Hope you can make a big dent in the rest needed. I've been seeing the split star blocks around the internet. They really are eye catching. I'll have to check with my guild to suggest we have folks make a block or two put together a Veteran's quilt.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are making progress on all of your projects! Those star blocks are so bright and colorful!